Every thing seems to be so odd at the moment, the weather, people’s energy levels, every one feeling so tired and life now pushing hard for change. But one of the things that hasn’t changed is the need to protect our energy, in fact the need has increased, so I thought we might all need a little reminder about why we need to do it.
All humans have an energy field, it is known by different names in different cultures.
- You start you’re morning feeling ready for your day ahead, only to find after a few hours at work you are feeling tired and agitated.
- Sometimes people get too close when you’re going through the check out in the supermarket and you start to feel edgy but you’re not sure why.
- And you have felt a real heaviness when you come out of a crowed place, leaving you feeling drained.
So what does energy have to do with my feelings being affected by others?
Our energy, over time may have mixed with energy from places you’ve been and people you have come in contact with which can subtly, and sometimes not so subtly, influence how you feel. If you have been working or living in a stressful environment you may have inadvertently taken on some of the stress, which could leave you feeling cross or annoyed. You may feel someone’s negative energy is impacting on how you live your life but you don’t know how to change it. You may feel you’re carrying a weight on your shoulders that’s not yours.
If you find you are dealing with difficult situations every day, learning these three simple empowering techniques will change your life. They did for me. When you are open and sensitive, and working closely with others, you will find you need to use clearing, protection and grounding constantly.
So what are clearing, grounding and protection?
They are three techniques that I have developed over the years to help me work with clients in stressful situations and not become immersed in their energy. It can become very draining when this happens. I use it when I am working with clients, working with spirit, clearing my chakra centres, in fact I would never not use it. It is a part of me being responsible for being a sensitive.
Clearing– By clearing, you remove unwanted energy, enabling protection to stop your energy from becoming depleted and grounded so that you are not pulled in different directions. These techniques will give you a greater sense of control over your own live.
Grounding – By being grounded you are present in reality rather than your thoughts being all over the place. When you are grounded you are equally balanced between the spiritual and Earthly realms which means you can get on with your daily life in a much more harmonious way.
Golden Rose Protection -Energy Protection is very important, especially as you become more sensitive as your energy lightens. As the vibration around you increases to a higher frequency you become more like a lighthouse beacon shining out in the darkness. You attract other people with the same level of frequency, or others with a denser vibration. There is also the same possibility for any negative energy to attach to you.
The energy around our world in the ethric layer appears as a heavy and very dense fog-like substance, a bit like thick soup. When a light globe is switched on, much like someone beginning to awaken to their soul and spiritual journey, they send out a beautiful, warm, bright and gentle light through the fog and the dense energy. This attracts others in the vicinity or any negative energy that may be around. To stop this from happening and to stop you from being affected by other people’s energy, thoughts and emotions, learning to use spiritual protection will once again give you some control over what you choose to let into your sacred space. Taking the time to use spiritual protection, while being open to higher energies is important for your spiritual health.
Creating a Sacred space- It is important when doing any kind of spiritual, healing, mindfulness or counselling work that you create a space to work in and to have clear intent. There are many ways in which to do this; by using crystals, the Native American medicine wheel, asking Spirit, and for the Golden Rose Protection (higher form of white light) to surround you and so on.
Setting your Sacred Space
I want us to set up our physical, spiritual and mental space. It needs to be a quiet, relaxing, space, where you can sit or lie comfortable. It needs to be telephone free so there are no interruptions. Keep your journal and your creative expression tools here.
Closing your eyes quietly take a few deep breaths, and then ask that a sacred space be created for you to work in. Ask that the golden Rose Protection be placed around you. Set your intention, which is what you hope to achieve from this exercise, and ask that you only work with the Best of the Best and the Highest of the High.
But how do we do it?
- Another way of clearing is by smudging. Smudging involves burning herbs, usually white sage, to clear rooms in your house of unwanted negative energy.
- If you are going to smudge yourself and your own energy, it is often easier if you have someone to help with this process.
- Light the sage and using your hand or a feather, sweep the smoke towards your body, starting from the top of your head and making your way down to your feet. Make sure that you also clear the bottom of your feet.
- When clearing a room move to each corner of the room, sweeping the smoke gently into each corner, while asking that the negative energy be lifted and removed from this space. Asking that it be filled with energy from the highest source.
- You can work your way through all the rooms in your house that you wish to clear negative energy from.
- When you have finished make sure that your smudge stick is properly extinguished.
If you go to your local new age shop, you’ll notice they now have cleansing sprays you can use to cleanse your aura. You can make your own by using aromatherapy oils, plus peppermint, frankincense, myrrh, orange, cinnamon and lemon essential oils can be used for clearing too.
Bathing in Epsom salts is another way of clearing as it washes away the electromagnetic frequencies from computers, televisions, laptops, microwaves, or any electronic devises. The frequencies from these devices will end up residing in your auric field, unless you are doing regular clearings.
It is advisable not to have televisions in your bedroom as they really do affect your auric field.
This is a room where your body should be allowed to rest and heal through sleep.
So often you will go about your daily life not aware that you are like little sponges absorbing everything around you. It can become very confusing to work out why you are feeling so tired and emotional when nothing in your life at the moment warrants these emotions or feelings. This is what we do, day in day out. By making the choice to clear your energy you are getting rid of the emotions, feelings and thoughts of others so that you only have your own to deal with. By making sure you do this frequently you are taking control and being responsible.
If you have had a positive experience and are feeling happy, excited or just generally glad about your life and where you are right now, using clearing will not take away those feelings of happiness, especially if you have had a healing, massage or some other form of body work. For whatever reason, clearing just seems to work on things that are detrimental to your well being and health.
Exercise for Clearing
- Standing up
- Reach your hands up above your head
- Bring them down each side of you in a slicing motion
- Then over your head
- Stomp around for a bit
- This breaks up your aura
- And this helps get rid of the negativity
- Bring in the Golden Rose Energy for protection once more
Grounding is just as important as spiritual protection, especially when opening up to your spiritual journey.
By being grounded you are present in reality rather than your thoughts being all over the place. When you are grounded you are equally balanced between the spiritual and Earthly realms which means you can get on with your daily lives in a much more harmonious way. Often we tend to get so engrossed in our spiritual and psychic development that we can forget that we are connected to the Earth plane and that our reason for being here is to have an Earthly experience. So many of us can get caught up with only one side of growth and forget about the reality of it all. This is our journey here and now.
When not grounded there will be one part of your life that may not be going the way that you would like. In the beginning you may accept that it is the way it is but after a while it begins to irritating you find that your whole focus is then on this part of your life and you forsake all other aspects. You can become obsessed; finding that no matter what you are doing, your focus keeps coming back to it. Your sleep becomes affected, you home life, work, and every other part that makes up the whole of your life becomes affected by this one part that you cannot let go of. Being grounded and balanced in your reality helps you make clearer decisions; your life is happier and you can eventually let go of the things you no longer have control over. Another symptom of not being grounded is found in the person who is continually day-dreaming, who would much rather be with their thoughts than be a part of the world. Those, for instance who work with Spirit need to be constantly grounding themselves as this keeps them connected to Earth and not floating around in the ether.
Exercise for Grounding
It is important to keep grounded in anything you are doing, as this maintains the balance between the spiritual, and the physical planes.
I often imagine that I am being held and nurtured between Grandfather Sun and Mother Earth the balance. It was something I learnt when doing my training.
Grounded means: keeping yourself centred, rather than letting your energy be scattered. You all know what it feels like when you get stressed about something. Everything is hard, nothing makes sense, and you can’t see the wood from the trees. Yet when you are not stressed things just flow, and basically, that is what being grounded is all about.
Keeping centred and not being influenced by outside influences
One way of keeping grounded is to go outside if you can:
- Take your shoes off and stand on the grass or walk on the grass or the beach
- Imagine, feel or sense you are a tree, a very large tree, with roots going way down into the Earth and spreading out wide to keep you upright and connected to the Earth
- Imagine, feel or sense for a moment how centred you feel, and how connected you are to everything else around you in nature. Feel the Earth
- That you are connected to: is it dry, moist, or just lovely deep soil that your feet, roots, are sinking down into
- If you can’t get outside, still imagine you are the tree, and the roots of the tree are going down through the floorboards and way down into the Earth centring you, and connecting you to the Earth
- Another way of grounding is going to the beach and walking in the sand or water.
- Stomping around on the ground with heavy footfalls.
- Connecting to the base chakra and bringing the energy up from the Earth, up through the soles of your feet, up your legs, moving into your spine and taking the energy through to Grandfather Sun then bringing it back down through all the centres back down into Mother Earth.
These exercises will keep you centred and really connected to Earth. You can do it anywhere and anytime.
Others ways of grounding are:
- Chopping wood
- The Haka (Maori war dance)
There may be other ones that you do to keep grounded, what are they?
Golden Spiral Protection
We are being asked to change how we are using energy protection. I really like this way although if you still want to use the Golden Rose I ‘m suggesting you use both.
How to use the Golden Spiral
You will still have to clear and ground but the next part is different. Where prior we used to ask for the Golden Rose energy we are now using the spiral.
- Imagine you are standing in the middle of a Golden spiral, on your left the end points up to Grandfather Sun and then spirals around you, down towards Mother Earth.
- Stand still until you are aware that you are in the centre of the spiral. Then it will begin to scan your energy field and body asking your higher self what level of protection that you need for the day.
- It will then continue to set up a grid around you, each day it can change and the colours are different, even if you can’t see it you will feel it or be aware of it.
- You will not need to keep doing the ritual more than once a day as we were needing to with the Golden rose, unless you have been in a really negative situation, in which case clear, ground and reset.
It sounds all a bit like star trek but it’s not, more about Sacred Geometry.
If however, nothing happens and you aren’t aware of the grid then go back to the Golden rose, as you may not be ready to use it yet.
At night-time ask to be placed in your titanium pod it all sounds weird but believe me it works. Try it and see.
Let me know how you go.
I know this seems long but I felt it was worth going over again.
This is a long newsletter but I think a timely reminder to us all.
Autumn is here and most of you know I love autumn. We didn’t get as many pumpkins this year, but plenty of tomatoes, strawberries and peppers, which was really exciting for me. The tomatoes are finished but the strawberries are still growing.
Hully and I are going to New Zealand in April to the South Island, to visit family and see my mountains and lakes. I can’t wait.
The book is going well but slowly. I figure it will be published exactly when it is meant to be.
I have included to Foundation Course I will be running when I get back from New Zealand so please forward it if you feel that someone you know may wish to join us in learning about their spiritual journey.