I was on my morning walk that takes me up the hill at the back of our place, in parts it’s really steep and in others a slight incline and eventually levels off. As I tend to ponder things when I’m walking I was rounding the hill and suddenly got, it’s very much like life.
There are parts that are really easy, where we can stop and enjoy the view. Other parts are really steep and it’s taking all our concentration and effort to get there so we become less aware of what’s around us and who might be walking with us.
But what have we learnt from climbing this steep part of the hill on our own?
I think for most of us we learn things about ourselves whether we are prepared to face our life lessons or not. When we do turn round and face them, getting help if we need to, we become stronger human beings, much more compassionate, tolerant and understanding and much more able to walk our path with our head high and being able to reach out to others..
It can take a lot of courage to admit that there are something’s we need help with, that we don’t have the tools or the skills to deal with certain situations in our lives’, but with help we can learn them. Our past stories play a big part in this and determine whether or not we have the tools to face these challenges.
With help, we can gain self –respect, self -belief, and feel worthy, knowing that we have a role to play in this world even if that is smiling at someone we meet on our walk.
When we avoid dealing with situations, life has a way of bringing them around again and again these are called patterns of behaviour. It can take a life time to change these into positive ones but when we do, it changes our life completely.
I want you to ask yourself, ‘What have I learnt from the challenges I have faced?’
Has it made me a better person?
I also want you to give yourself time out to give thanks for what you have in your life, the little things that matter.
- Somewhere to sleep
- A roof over your head
- Food to eat
- Birds singing in the trees
- The wind on your face
- The fresh air
There are times when we feel we have learnt something and find a few months down the track we are back where we started.
- Don’t give up; write yourself a list of the things that are a priority at this time.
- Look at them one at a time.
- Ask yourself,” Can I do anything about this? Write down what you can.
- If you can’t I want you to hand it over to the universe and leave it alone. When we stop trying to fix everything it often works out.
- Remember we all have our own individual path to walk, we are all at different stages in that climb up the hill and we need to get there in our own way.
We can become overwhelmed when we are looking too far ahead. Bring it back into small manageable tasks and stay focused in the now.
What are some of the things you can do in order to bring about change in your life?
- Be in the present moment
- Make time for yourself each day.
- Don’t feel guilty about it. A healthy you is a healthy family. Even if this is just having a bath or going for a walk.
- Keep a journal – just write how you have been feeling; it can help.
- Have a good cry; it is part of the healing process.
- Find someone to talk to.
- Take life one day at a time.
- Practice your breathing techniques.
- Find a good listener or a counsellor.
- Take care of yourself.
- Get regular exercise with gardening, walking, yoga, or Tai Chi.
- Practice Relaxation Meditation, which is in the chapter on meditation.
- Keep up with your hobbies, passions, and anything you love doing.
- Never be afraid or ashamed to ask for help; you are human, not superhuman.
My book The Toolbox for life’s little emergencies is available from my webpage https://www.judithtehuia.com/products/ or Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/Toolbox-Lifes-little-emergencies-ebook/dp/B01EP11OTU
If you want to bring about change in your life, please check it out. I highly recommend it. It is already helping people change their lives.
My new workshops are based on my book The Toolbox
The Toolbox Series for life’s little emergencies
2-1 day Workshops
These workshops are an introduction to some of the tools you can learn to use to help you react differently to struggles in your life.
It is about taking you on a journey of self-care to find your own inner help, wisdom and peace through meditation, relaxation techniques.
Changing your thoughts, using visualisation, taking care of self, and not feeling guilty.
We have all been at a place where we have needed help to move forward, over come some obstacle or transition through some major crisis. Having some different options and tools to work with in times of struggle, can make such a difference in how we work through these times.
Date: 30th July 2016
Time: 9:45am Registration
If you want to make changes in your life, book your place now. Places are limited so get in early, as there are early bird specials.
love and kindness