Scott Alexander King has said that “depression is the body’s need for deep rest” and I agree with him.
We come to earth having chosen the life we are to live with all that entails, often finding it much more difficult than we supposed when in spirit form.
So begins the struggle between the spiritual lessons we came to learn and the physical struggle to cope with living.
Our planet is in turmoil the energy in the process of change and for many empathics this is a traumatic place to be living. We may have come to help with the changes on earth, but are struggling with our own journey and its trials and tribulations.
Every day we have to live with our aura and energy being bombarded, very much like being on constant alert, or living in a war zone, the body is suffering from stress symptoms, the para -sympathetic nervous system is working on high alert which is not a healthy place to be for long periods of time. Our body cannot continue to cope with this sort of barrage.
This is a situation we have chosen to experience, for our soul’s journey, and it is only us who really know how long the depression will be experienced for. This makes it very difficult for loved ones to know what to do for the best.
Depression, from a psychological viewpoint, is when one who can no longer cope with the normal day to day functions in their lives.
Depression has affected so many of us from time to time in varying degrees.
Having worked in mental health this was something that those who came into our unit suffered from in its more severe form.
Examples of this maybe: going into a very analytical profession that our parents have wanted us to go into, but our soul wants us to become an artist, there is always the internal struggle, between outside influences and our internal knowing. Not wanting to hurt those we love, wanting to do the right thing, so we ignoring the messages we get through our dreams, symbols or signs, that are there for us.
Whatever form our depression comes in, whether mild or chronic, we have chosen to experience it.
I feel that we are seeing more of depression, as spiritual emergence is coming to the fore. The more we fight to stop this happing the worse the depression will become. We are not living the live we came to live. There are now 1 out of 3 people in Victoria who are experiencing some form of mental illness.
For empathics it maybe that life has just become all too difficult to cope with, we all have a different story to tell.
Psychologically we start to withdraw, from situations we can no longer cope with.
We can show symptoms of psychical illness, which will manifest when we are working hard to ignore what our body and soul are trying to tell us.
How can we tell the difference?
It is difficult to know at the beginning if a person is going through a spiritual emergence, having a soul experience, or if it’s organic, something happening or changing in the body.
- It is worth finding out if it’s organic in which case they may need to go on medication, which increases the serotonin levels in the brain. It has been noted that insufficient levels of serotonin, maybe associated with depression. When things stabilize, they will be more able to move forward if they chose to do so.
- 2. We know that talking about situations with others, professional or friends helps. Having someone to talk to without fear of judgment is vital. A support network is vital. The depression may go on for years especially if it is in the form of traumatic stress syndrome, or those who suffer from traumatic memories. But there is help out there and we can get through it.
- Encouraging exercise is a big one. It makes such a difference to get out in nature and learning to meditate makes all the difference to our wellness.
For most of us on our journey spiritual awakenings can be strange but exciting.
Things can start to happen that for us are quite different to what is our “normal”. If they happen slowly then we are able to integrate them successfully, especially if we have the help of a spiritual teacher, or we start attending a spiritual group, or spiritual church.
It is best to seek help. It helps to be able to talk to some one, who is able to give you the tools to apply while going through the integration process, and let you know that it is okay.
Most likely they will have been through their own experience of spiritual awakenings, and will have the skills to help you through yours. If we start to fight the changes and don’t want them to be apart of our life we will then struggle. We have to understand we actually agreed for this to happen at this time before we incarnated, only we have forgotten.
We can choose not to go through it as we all have “free will”, but if we do it is going to be a difficult time for us as we are only fighting our spiritual integration and ourselves. This can come from fear or a lack of understanding. There can be many reasons why we chose not to have our spiritual side emerge with our physical.. After all our spiritual awakenings are only aligning us with the divine.
- You will find your sleep patterns start to change. You maybe awake at the same time ever night for weeks. If this is happening then take your journal and start to write what you will be compelled to write. This is like the equivalent of night school. Not all of what you will write will make sense right now but in the course of time it will. When this has finished, a cup of camomile tea is a good way of getting back to sleep, or just concentrating on your breathing. Some nights you will find that nothing works but that doesn’t often last long. Don’t worry, too much, your body will adjust to the amount of energy you seem to have in time. There maybe other nights when you will wake up exhausted. You will feel like you have done a whole days work during your sleep. You will have once again you will have been learning or working for spirit in some way.
- You may experience shivers, tingles, on your scalp. You may feel pressure on the top of your head, there may even be sharp stabling pain but that will not last. You can have flashes of inspiration and creativity, this is you beginning to feel divine energy flowing through your crown centre and down through your chakra centres, which are energy centres in your body, don’t worry; it is all apart of spiritual awakenings.
- If you feel uncomfortable about it ask for spiritual protection, and ask that it not be so intense. Remember, you are in charge and you must always ask for what you want.
It can all seem very over whelming at times but as you become used to the energy, you will find you will not want to be with out it.
- At times, anytime, sudden waves of emotions, feeling happy, sad, lonely, overwhelming sense of grief, for no reason at all will affect you. This can be very hard to try and explain to someone who has not experienced it. You are awaking to the universal energy. When you become aware that this often has no connection to you, it’s just that you are becoming open and sensitive to others around you; it then becomes easer to handle. Although, at times it’s hard to know which is which, and it can, leave you feeling very drained and confused. If it’s yours, then it will tend to stay for longer or will keep reoccurring, especially if it is to do with blocked energies, and emotions. As our heart centre is to do with emotional energy it can often be the main centre affected by these blockages.. If you find that the same emotions keep surfacing then it would be worth seeking help from a good counseller, or therapist who works with Chakra Centres to help you with clearing the Chakra centres of blockages. Dance therapy is also a very positive way of helping with this. Don’t be too hard on yourself. This is all new and sometimes very challenging. Acknowledge the feelings as they arise and let them go with love. You are growing spiritual and becoming more sensitive to your environment.
- Old issues, patterns of behaviour keep coming back and at times you feel very lost. This is necessary and deeply cleansing. It will allow you to move on and be ready for the new. Face any old issue when it arises and deal with it if you can. If you find you are unable to then seek help. These issues have arisen now to allow you to get rid of what no longer serves you, your life as you know it will change, you will begin to see things through different eyes.
- Your physical body is changing you will find that you can no longer tolerate a lot of the foods and drink that you once loved. Your body will want you to start to eat healthier. Your whole body and mind are changing, this will settle down as you work through old issues. Learning to let go, learning to forgive, and trust will be a test here. Meditation, quiet time, journaling, positive affirmations, and spiritual practice, all help to achieve this. Your vibration is starting to rise as your sensitivity increases.
- Your senses increase in their sensitivity. you may begin to see sparkles of light, shadows, balls or objects out of the corner of you eye. You may see light around people, hear your name being called, voices, humming in your ear, fleeting smells, and being aware of someone close to you. You are becoming open to the spirit world. These are signs of your spirit helpers and guides. When this begins it is important to remember about spiritual protection, grounding, and clearing. Learn how to close the spiritual gate. This is where the gatekeeper comes in.
- Set down clear boundaries, once spirit knows you are aware of them they can become over enthusiastic, forgetting that we need to sleep. You let them know when you want them to be there.
- What you have learnt from you spiritual teacher here will be evaluable. Understanding about, guides, door keepers, helpers and the difference between them makes it so much easier to deal with. Other wise it can become awe-inspiring. Your own talents will start to emerge around this time. Mediumship, psychic, clairvoyant tendencies will start to emerge.
- You will find that you are starting to see the world through different eyes. You start to understand that everyone is where they are meant to be. And it is not up to you to change that. You become much more tolerant and don’t find it necessary to judge others harshly. They also have choice and free will.
- Keep in the flow, be compassionate, and loving as best you can. Don’t be hard on yourself when you’re having a bad day, we all do. Energy will affect you more so make sure you use your spiritual protection every day. It helps against heavy, dense, negative energy.
- You will desire more and more to break free of restrictive patterns, and habits, that no longer serve you. You will find that you are moving on from old friendships. This is because you find that your interests are changing. This can be scary but also exciting. Have courage and do it, as you will attract the people of like kind. Clear out the old to make way for the new.
- You will begin to notice more and more signs that speak to you on a profoundly deep level; they will have great meaning to you as your awareness blossoms. Synchronicity flows faster as we become one with our spiritual awareness. Those wonderful events flow when you are on the right path. Meeting people, numbers, pictures, birds, feathers, the cloud formations, there are no limits to them but they are all signs telling you that you are truly where you need to be. Seek out groups and communities that have the same values, they are there. It is such a relief to realise that you are not alone.