Learning to use and trust in our intuition is one of the gifts we have been given to use to navigate through our life.
How many of us do? Learning to trust our own intuition and instincts can be challenging for some and quite easy for others.
- What exactly is intuition?
With intuition it’s just a knowing, you don’t know how you now, you just do, that gut feeling that you have about certain things.
- How do you know the difference between it and logical thinking?
With logical thinking it’s going through a logical step-by-step process, and then coming to an answer that is viable or valid. Your intuition is the first thought that comes into your mind. Learn to trust it. For some reason we don’t, or can’t, we are just not sure if it is our intuition, our head, or just thoughts floating around.
A number of us just do it without thinking, others take a little while to master it, but when we do start trusting it, it makes such a difference in our lives. People make business decisions based on instincts and intuition. People choose their partners and cars based on intuition or their inner knowing.
Think about the following questions, at first you may read them and think to yourself, yes I always trust my intuition, but this time really sit back and honestly think about what the questions are asking.
- How different has it been when you have gone along with what you have instinctively known to be right for you?
- How often do you trust yourself and your knowing your intuition?
- How can you really trust what you are getting is right anyway?
- My gut feelings (intuition) is usually spot on.
- Intuitive abilities are our clairsentient, mediumship, empathy, clear cognitive, clairaudient, automatic writing, and psychometry.
Exercise to increase your intuitive ability
- Do you feel what I am saying, do you hear what I am saying, or do you see it.
- I want you all to imagine you are on the beach. It is a fairly remote beach the sand is firm, the day is clear and there is a slight breeze blowing. As you walk along the beach you notice there is four- wheel -drive in front of you, its bright yellow, you can already feel yourself start to smile.
- You walk on up to it there is no one in it it’s just there.
- It tells you to get in and have a drive, how are you feeling? A little apprehensive or yea lets go.
- You get in behind the wheel and off you go down the beach. You start to go faster you feel your heart singing, here you are in this yellow four wheel drive driving flat out along the beach, it feels fantastic, you feel alive, happy, and are really in the moment. As you reach the end of the beach you slow down until you come to a stop. You sit there for a moment contemplating on the ride you just had and how it made you feel.
- You get out of the four -wheel -drive grinning at the yellowness of it, but thinking how it reminds you of a very large sun and how happy you feel looking at it. You say thanks and continue on your way.
Whenever you think of that ride you smile.
- Now think of the exercise you just did
That was your imagination, did you feel see, hear what was happening, was it easy to do or a little difficult? Did you do all three some of the time? Using your intuition is a bit like using your imagination it takes practice.
When you understand how you receive your information that also makes it easier for you work with it.
So if you feel things (kinesthetic) and someone guiding a mediation says, ‘look at the tree in the forest’, rather than you trying to see and not being able to, you can feel it.
3.This exercise is also a way of helping to change our own thoughts and behaviour.
We can be going through difficult situations at times, but if you thought about the ride you just had in the yellow four wheel drive how would that make you feel?
Learning to trust this process is helping to develop your own intuition your own inner awareness and over time it will become second nature.
If you feel you would like to learn more about your Intuitive abilities and your Spiritual Awareness and journey I have 5 online courses that are now available on my web page. I do advise that you do the ‘Guarding the Door to your Sacred Space’ first (as this is the foundation course) which is learning about your energy field and how to protect it from negative energy and not so positive environments. It also covers learning about your intuitive abilities.
If you have found this helpful please pass it on.